Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cycling through the Fields

Recently I’ve been able to start cycling to work again. I hadn’t cycled for about 6 months due to a combination of travel and part of the bike breaking. A part, needless to say, that I couldn’t find over here. I think Tasha was going slightly crazy with having the bike in the house all the time….

Each day my ride takes me through a rural farming area. It is very beautiful, especially at this time of year, after the winter and spring rain. It is the time that the famers have all planted their crops, mostly wheat and barley. The whole countryside is green for a few months before becoming brown and dry in the heat of summer. It is my favorite time of year because I am used to the very green surroundings of Florida and I am reminded, a little, of where I grew up.

I thought I’d post a few pictures so you could see for yourself the beauty I get to ride through and enjoy almost every day.









No comments: