Monday, October 8, 2007

Ramadan update

We've had a busy few weeks... "Normal life" has been a bit more complicated as Ramadan changes the hours that things are open and the times of the day that people sleep, eat... pretty much everything!

Since we last updated Matthew's attended a men's conference in the South of Morocco which he really enjoyed. Last week we traveled to an area that was new to both of us, the Ait Bougamas valley (about a 9 1/2 hour trip). Matthew was helping out a friend who has a tourism business by doing some publicity and a survey. It was a beautiful area, but a bit too relaxing for me! I was happy to come home and have meals to cook and floors to clean.



We're feeling very at home in our new apartment and it's hard to believe we've been there less than a month. We had a "trial by fire" this past weekend. We had already had several Moroccan families over for "fator" (the meal to break the fast) but on Saturday night we had 19 adults and 6 children for a meeting. Then 4 adults and 2 children stayed overnight. We had a great time and enjoyed the fellowship. We're so grateful for the space to have lots of company.

In other news... The new computer is expected to arrive on October 22nd which I'm pretty excited about. :) And Matthew has weighed in at under 200 pounds - I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I haven't had to have any fators lately, because I'm always eating, therefore never fasting! Ha...someday perhaps!