Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend as Parents

We've made it though another weekend as parents. This time we watched the 4 children for just 4 days (as opposed to 8 or so over Easter). It was neat seeing how much they've grown up over the last 6 months. I think we were more prepared for the experience this time and they were also more used to us which helped. Our friends Becky and Vicki enjoyed their time away at a Prayer Conference and we had a good time with the kids - stomping through mud in our rubber boots, eating cookies and wrestling in front of the fire...

I'm SO thankful to have a new computer and have been taking some time to get used to Windows Vista and reinstall a lot of what was lost... I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there.

We're both trying to prepare for the next few months... we have less than 2 weeks before all of the traveling starts. I'll be spending 2 weeks in Agadir for some leadership training and Matthew will be leading a tour group for a friend of his during the same time. Then we'll spend a week visiting my old homestay families and friends in the south. We'll finish up with a weekend conference and then be home for just 5 days before we leave to spend 3 weeks in South Africa.

We're sending out a newsletter this week. If you're not already on our list and would like to be (via email or postal mail) please let us know...

No comments: