Our favorite wedding story (well, mine at least) is that when the women were helping me get dressed they were very concerned that I was too thin to be a bride. (Does that seem funny compared with how Americans diet before their weddings?) One of the women came up with an idea and made a bed sheet into a roll and safety pinned it around my waist under my clothes.
Here are some more pictures and videos for you to enjoy (or laugh at) :)
This is at the henna party
Sabah was pretty tired - she missed her nap...
This is Fadma applying the henna to my feet. (A paste is made from the dried and crushed leaves of the henna plant. It's applied with a syringe and works as a temporary tattoo which lasts for a few weeks.)

And here's Fadma close-up.

Vicki is such a good friend - I would have missed all the cookies while my hands were drying.

Here I am with my good friends Rqia and her sister-in-law Wedad. Rqia and her daughters made all the cookies for the party and helped us out a lot.

This is Rqia's daughter, Zenib applying henna to my friend Adrienne.

And some more from the wedding
This is Matthew and I in our Berber outfits.

These are our friends Robbie, Gabrielle and Allison finishing up their dinner.

Wedad's daughter and our friend Jetti enjoying the dancing.


Gabrielle and Adrienne in their beautiful kaftans.

Becky and Mina.

Here's Ilyas trying to decide if he's having fun or not (he didn't recognize me and was quite scared at first!)

This is us outside with the Ahedous band - a highlight for us...

Here are some of the 100 or so guests.


And here's Fadma close-up.
Vicki is such a good friend - I would have missed all the cookies while my hands were drying.
Here I am with my good friends Rqia and her sister-in-law Wedad. Rqia and her daughters made all the cookies for the party and helped us out a lot.
This is Rqia's daughter, Zenib applying henna to my friend Adrienne.
And some more from the wedding
This is Matthew and I in our Berber outfits.
These are our friends Robbie, Gabrielle and Allison finishing up their dinner.
Wedad's daughter and our friend Jetti enjoying the dancing.
Gabrielle and Adrienne in their beautiful kaftans.
Becky and Mina.
Here's Ilyas trying to decide if he's having fun or not (he didn't recognize me and was quite scared at first!)
This is us outside with the Ahedous band - a highlight for us...
Here are some of the 100 or so guests.

No comments:
Post a Comment